CABOT SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE (White or Yellow)
Cabot’s Sharp Cheddar Cheese conforms to the current definition and standards of identity for cheddar cheese under Federal Food and Drug Regulations CFR 21 ¤133.113 and all its amendments.
Pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto (if colored)
- 1. Color: creamy white (white cheddar), orange (yellow cheddar)
- 2. Texture: smooth, firm
- 3. Flavor: characteristic sharp cheddar flavor
- 4. Age: min. 5 months or to meet flavor profile
- 1. Moisture – 36.0-39.0%
- 2. Butterfat ->50.0% FDB
- 3. pH – 5.0-5.35
- 4. Salt – 1.5-1.9%
- 1. Coliform – <10/gram
- 2. Yeast & Mold – <100/gram
- No pathogenic bacteria
SHIPPING AND STORAGE:
Product shall be shipped and stored at 35-45°F.
- Bars, wheels, loafs and prints – 360 days from date packaged.
- Blocks – 36 months from date of manufacture