CABOT BULK CHEDDAR CHEESE
Cabot Cheddar Cheese conforms with the current definition and standards of identity for cheddar cheese under Federal Food and Drug Regulations CFR 21 ¤133.113 and all its amendments.
Pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes.
- 1. Flavor – characteristic cheddar cheese flavor showing moderate to well developed degrees of flavor and sharpness.
- 2. Body & Texture – Smooth and firm
- 3. Color – creamy white
- 1. Moisture – 36.0-39.0%
- 2. Butterfat ->50.0% FDB
- 3. pH – 5.0-5.35
- 4. Salt – 1.5-1.9%
- 1. Coliform – <10/gram
- 2. Yeast & Mold – <100/gram
- No pathogenic bacteria
MARKING OF BOXES:
Boxes shall be stamped with the producing plant number, the date of manufacture, and the vat letter.
SHIPPING AND STORAGE:
Product shall be shipped and stored at 35-45°F.
- 10 lb. print, 360 Days from date packaged.
- 42 lb. blocks and 640 lb. blocks are best when used within one year from the date of purchase.