CABOT HABANERO PEPPER CHEDDAR CHEESE
Cabot Habanero Pepper Cheddar Cheese conforms with the current definition and standards of identity for cheddar cheese under Federal Food and Drug Regulations CFR 21 ¤133.113 and all its amendments except that habaneros, jalapenos, and taco seasoning have been added.
Pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, jalapeno peppers, salt, taco seasoning (salt, chili pepper, spices, garlic, onion, citric acid, paprika, natural flavors), habaneros, enzymes.
- 1. Color: light yellow & orange marbled appearance with visible red, green, and orange pepper pieces.
- 2. Texture: smooth & firm, with pepper pieces throughout.
- 3. Flavor: characteristic cheddar flavor with a strong hot pepper flavor.
- 4. Age: Less than 6 months or to meet flavor profile.
- 1. Moisture – 36.0-39.0%
- 2. Butterfat – ≥50.0% FDB
- 3. pH – 5.0 – 5.35
- 4. Salt – 1.5-1.9%
- 1. Coliform – <10/gram
- 2. Yeast & Mold – <100/gram
- No pathogenic bacteria
SHIPPING AND STORAGE:
Product shall be shipped and stored at 35-45°F.
270 days from date packaged.