CABOT LIGHT CHEDDAR CHEESE (50% REDUCED FAT
50% Light Cheddar Cheese conforms to the standards of identity forcheddar cheese under Federal Food and Drug Regulations CFR 21 §133.113 except that during the manufacturing, part of the cream is removed from the milk to lower the butterfat and calorie content of the cheese and Vitamin A palmitate is added.
Pasteurized lowfat milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, Vitamin A palmitate.
- 1. Color: Creamy White.
- 2. Texture: Smooth, firm.
- 3. Flavor: Clean and mildly acid.
- 4. Age: Less than 5 months or to meet flavor profile.
- 1. Moisture – 46.0-49.0%
- 2. Butterfat – 13.5-16.5%
- 3. pH – 5.0 – 5.35
- 4. Salt – 1.5-1.9%
- 1. Coliforms -<10/gram
- 2. Yeast & Mold – <100/gram
- 3. No pathogenic bacteria
SHIPPING AND STORAGE:
Product shall be shipped and stored at 35-45°F.
150 days from date packaged.
Because this label makes a nutritional claim, full nutritional labeling must beprovided for the product.