CABOT LIGHT CHEDDAR CHEESE (50% REDUCED FAT)
50% Light Cheddar Cheese conforms to the standards of identity forcheddar cheese under Federal Food and Drug Regulations CFR 21 ¤133.113 except that during the manufacturing, part of the cream is removed from the milk to lower the butterfat and calorie content of the cheese and Vitamin A palmitate is added.
Pasteurized lowfat milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, Vitamin A palmitate.
- 1. Color: Creamy White.
- 2. Texture: Smooth, firm.
- 3. Flavor: Clean and mildly acid.
- 4. Age: Less than 5 months or to meet flavor profile.
- 1. Moisture – 46.0-49.0%
- 2. Butterfat – 13.5-16.5%
- 3. pH – 5.0 – 5.35
- 4. Salt – 1.5-1.9%
- 1. Coliforms – <10/gram
- 2. Yeast & Mold – <100/gram
- 3. No pathogenic bacteria
SHIPPING AND STORAGE:
Product shall be shipped and stored at 35-45°F.
150 days from date packaged.
Because this label makes a nutritional claim, full nutritional labeling must be provided for the product.